The Program Manufacturing Engineer will report to the Production Engineering Manager and is responsible for manufacturing engineering activities necessary to accomplish program and production engineering objectives. They will track program progress from cradle to grave, ensuring that requirements flow down happens accurately and in a timely manner. They will work closely with engineering, the program office, quality, planning, manufacturing engineers, production and materials to ensure that documentation and resources adequately support schedule, cost, producibility and quality.
- Evaluate and work with management and product manager to eliminate
manufacturing constraints including labor, equipment, tooling and facilities.
- Support activities required to track earned value and provide information to cost account manager, program office and finance as required to support program objectives.
- Prepare for manufacturing and test readiness reviews.
- Attend design reviews, MRB meetings, FRB meetings and IPT meetings. Document minutes/actions and communicate accordingly.
- Plan manufacturing order releases. Work proactively with manufacturing engineers, tech writers, production planning and procurement to ensure MO’s are ready for release according to schedule.
- Track production progress and provide updates to production and program schedulers.
- Initiate and track Engineering Changer Orders and communicate design for manufacturability improvements to engineering.
- Work with engineering, quality and production to resolve Non Conformances.
- Work with IPT team and quality to identify and implement corrective actions plans.
- Contribute to proposal activities and cost estimations necessary
for program budgeting.
- Create manufacturing productivity metrics associated with program performance.
- Work with Program Manufacturing Engineering peers to standardize and improve processes and procedures that impact manufacturing engineering and planning processes.
- Create manufacturing order instructions, process documents and training materials required to support production activities.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18003659&lang=en
• Post ID: 7177402 santabarbara